Wednesday 23 November 2016

Common Themes

Water is our happy place. 

Many of the personal stories I read recounted happy memories being in or near water. We live by water and it is often the most beautiful part of our neighborhood. We vacation by water, it is where we play, have fun and spend time with our friends and families. Only a few people had negative stories of water or associate it with bad things. Why is this?

Water is natural.

Bow Lake. One of my favourite natural places.
Many connections to water were rooted to a natural place. We associate water with nature. It has a physical presence in our lives. Why are we less likely to think about the water that comes from the tap or other household uses of water? Is it because we are emotionally less connected to the water in our taps? The water we drink is the water that keeps us alive.

Water is taken for granted.

 
This challenge opened my eyes to my water use and made me think about the many ways it is so essential to my life. I felt that other bloggers has the same realizations. Why is it so hard for us to connect water with the bigger picture of our lives? Thankfully this challenge made the bubbles around us a bit bigger to help us appreciate and understand how the water system is so important to our lives and communities. Now we just have to share our new understanding!

Water has a story.

 
We all have something to say about water. And it strikes me that the more we think about it, explore it and talk about it, the more stories there are.


No comments:

Post a Comment